Pine Mountain Veterinary

1483 Kennesaw Due West Rd NW
Kennesaw, GA 30152

(678)535-7762

www.pinemountainvet.net

Services


 Diagnostic : State of the art digital x ray with board certified radiologist interpretation when needed; ultrasound; tonometer (eye pressure), blood pressure, microscope, otoscope with camera. Our in-house laboratory facilities provide for serum chemistry, hematology, serology, urinalysis and parasite testing. We also utilize commercial veterinary laboratories for specialized diagnostics and consultations. We provide ECG services on-site as well as consultations with cardiology specialists.

Therapeutic Services:  Comfortable, separate housing for cats and dogs.  Isolation area when needed.

While we do not provide hotel services (elective boarding), occasionally pets require overnight care - in severe cases we may recommend transfer to the emergency clinic for overnight care. USUALLY, IF YOU GET YOUR PET TO US FIRST THING IN THE MORNING, WE CAN PROVIDE CARE THROUGH THE DAY AND GET THEM HOME THAT NIGHT - PLEASE CONSIDER AN EARLY MORNING DROP OFF and ALWAYS call us at the first sign of illness. 

Individualized wellness plansWe will discuss each patient's unique needs for preventive care (vaccinations, diagnostic testing, parasite prevention). You will not find cookie cutter treatment plans here!  Which also means we don't provide specific over the phone quotes.  We can give a general idea, but specifics will depend on prior history, current medications, current lifestyle, age, nutrition status, physical examination findings etc.  And of course YOUR circumstances and viewpoints.  We will start with an examination - where we will present a specific estimate for your approval before we do anything further.  We follow established core / non core vaccination protocols. 
      
Surgical Services:  Our state-of-the-art surgical suite provides a quiet, sterile environment complete with high tech electronic monitoring, patient warming pads, intravenous fluids, electrocautery (less blood loss and pain).    

Anesthesia:  We utilize Sevoflurane as our sole inhalant anesthesia.  It is the safest available anesthetic to provide an extra margin of safety, especially for older or high-risk patients - but we use it for ALL patients.  Using the most modern equipment, AND CONSTANT PERSONAL MONITORING by the DOCTOR, the patient's vital signs are monitored during all anesthetic procedures.
   
Dentistry:  Our dental services include teeth cleaning and polishing using high tech air driven equipment, high speed drill and polisher, ultrasonic scaler. Dental X-rays, tooth extractions and minor oral surgery are available.  THIS IS AN AREA DR. DUNN IS ESPECIALLY INTERESTED IN

Permanent identification: We offer Home Again microchip identification.
  
  
Pharmacy:  Dr. Dunn has selected an inventory of competitively priced pharmaceuticals, vitamins, shampoos, flea and tick control products and heartworm preventatives she feels are the BEST to meet the needs of your pet. Pharmaceuticals and diets are also available for home delivery through our on line pharmacy. OUR PRICES ARE IN MOST CASES LOWER THAN INTERNET PHARMACIES, CALL US FIRST!
   

Individualized Flea Control Programs:  We develop programs for the specific needs of your pet and your own particular environmental situation. We will review with you the best ways to control fleas in your house, in your yard and on your pet - treating all these areas are essential for full control.


Dietary Counseling:  We will provide guidance regarding your pet's nutritional needs for each life stage, including dietary requirements for growth, weight maintenance and performance. Dr. Dunn has selected Royal Canin as her best choice for these needs.  Royal Canin's policy is "Pets First" - and the quality of their product, their dedication to
scientifically based diets (their company alone is responsible for over 60% of the pet nutritional research that is done. All other companies combine to create the other 40%)  Royal Canin turns away more shipment of diet ingredients than they accept, and all diets are made here in the United States.  Product is absolutely 100% guaranteed and will be refunded if your pet will not eat it.

Behavioral Counseling:  We can provide advice regarding the correction of problems such as excessive barking, chewing, spraying, scratching, digging, house soiling and aggression.  Our trainer, Monique Williams of Shadow Me Dog Training teaches in house classes, behavior consultations and is available for home sessions too.  Behavior problems are the number one reason pets are relinquished to shelters.  Let us help solve your   problems before they become too serious.